- This event has passed.
Friday Morning Radical Self Care Yoga
February 5, 2021 @ 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM EST$7.00
Our theme for Friday’s Class is using your on-the-mat living, moving, breathing meditation to explore connection inside and out. Connection is the building block for survival.
We are hard-wired to feel this connection as part of our most recently evolved branch of our autonomic nervous system finds safety through connection with others and allows us to find safety in our bodies most efficiently with breath and interoceptive awareness (tuning in to what’s happening in your body.)
When we feel this connection we feel safe in our bodies which allows us to play, be productive, thrive!
Here’s a great quote by the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.
“In a real sense all life is inter-related. All men are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be, and you can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality.”
A few thoughts on virtual yoga...
- First, BE ON TIME! It is hard to manage the admission while teaching, so once we get started, usually after the first few minutes, I will step away from allowing folks into the room.
- Celebrate and have fun with this experiment of being together on the mat and be curious about the experience. As with anything these days, the practice will bring challenges as well as opportunities.
- You can do more pranayama (breath practice) comfortably!
- You can have more freedom to “just do you”…get up and go to the bathroom, get a drink of water, etc.
- You can chant OM as loudly as you wish without feeling self-conscious
Please have on-hand close by to support you in your at-home virtual yoga experience:
1) Yoga Mat
2) A couple of blankets
3) A couple of blocks and/or something that can substitute as a block (large books)
4) A couple of pillows
To improve your Zoom virtual yoga experience:
1) Mute yourself during the class unless you have a question.
2) Click on my picture and “PIN” me by clicking on the three dots in the corner of the screen – there will be a drop down and you can PIN me — this will make the viewing more clear for the class.
3) I think the sound quality should be fine; however, someone encouraged me to have participants link the sound to a speaker on bluetooth if you want to improve the sound.
Light + Love~